On Monday, results for the top 100 Japanese Internet buzzword awards of 2022 were revealed, and it turned out that Uta from One Piece Film Red had won. The excitement surrounding One Piece was palpable, as Monkey D. Luffy came in third. The nominees are chosen based on the number of visitors to the online slang and pop culture dictionaries Pickup Encyclopedia and Nico Nico Pedia as well as the most popular tags on pixiv throughout the previous year.
Also Read :- ‘Naruto’ at Jump Festa 2023: What Was the Disappointing Announcement?
Top winners of Japanese Internet Buzzword Awards 2022:
In addition to having numerous Spy Family members appear in the top 10 keywords list, the series also took home the pixiv award for having had the most rise in pixiv entries from the previous year. In Nico Nico’s user survey, the Zundamon Vocaloid character received the highest ratings.
Here’s the top 10 list:
- Uta (One Piece Film Red character)
- Takopi’s Original Sin manga by Taizan 5)
- Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece character)
- Avataro Sentai Donbrothers (tokusatsu TV show)
- Yor Forger (Spy×Family character)
- Delicious Party Precure
- Zundamon (Vocaloid character)
- Zoffy (Ultraman character)
- Suletta Mercury (Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch From Mercury character)
- Anya Forger (Spy×Family character)